Tuesday 24 January 2012

Lonely no more

The problem with being the last chick of the season is that there were no other chicks for our poor little d'Uccle chick to play with.  The last of the Faverolles were a few weeks old and were too big to put in with such a tiny little chick.  As a result it was one lonely little chick. To help the little thing out I put out a call on a forum for someone local to provide a day old chick for company.  I was happy to buy a chick of any breed to act as brooder buddy and give it some company. As luck would have it, I was contacted by a lovely lady who also happened to have Faverolles and had chicks hatching as we spoke! This lovely lady was kind enough to give me a chick to help out my little d'Uccle.  As you can see, they are getting on famously and my despondent d'Uccle is now as happy as can be with its new pal.

No comments:

Post a Comment