Sunday 20 November 2011

Eating local and sharing with others

I had someone from my work contact me this week.  They heard through the grapevine that I grow vegetables and wanted to know if I would be able to supply them with fresh produce each week.  We often have surplus of certain things so I decided I would be happy to share what I have, when I have some to share. That is part of what it is all about, after all - building a strong local community network for the production and consumption of local home grown foods. When you have excess that can't readily be stored, why not share it. This week they are eating some of our lovely oak leaf lettuce, baby spinach and parsley, picked fresh on the day of delivery. Theoretically it cost nothing to transport as I was not making any extra trips to deliver it. To me, this is how our food should be grown and sourced. Fresh, local, seasonal and shared.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I would love some more garden beds though - I never seem to have enough room in them for everything I want to grow!

    ReplyDelete